- I hope you all enjoyed your long weekends! The Professional Development Day yesterday was an Elementary Math focus at Byng and it was really neat to have more than 200 teachers taking part in various sessions. I'm excited to try a lot of the new things with our students.
- Speaking of, this morning for Math we explored "cuisenaire rods" and learned about the different colours with their matching values. There was a lot of exploration time, which we'll continue for tomorrow's entry task, and soon we will be using them for spatial Math as well as for Addition and Subtraction.
- Happy Birthday, RM!
- IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE: Our Primary Christmas Concert will be at 1:30pm on Thursday, December 18th (and not Dec. 19th as previously posted). I'm sorry for the short notice and hope that this doesn't present too much of an inconvenience to you. All family members are welcome to attend.
- SPELLING: Okay, I promise this is the last time I post about spelling instructions! Your child now has a designated dark blue Spelling Duotang. This will stay at home. I will provide new Spelling words every Monday (or Friday if Monday is a holiday/pro-D) that your child will record in their Agenda which will then go home to be completed in the Spelling Duotang. This is for their practice and will not be marked. Please return the orange Language Arts duotangs to school if you still have them.
- With my "techy" husband's help I've updated the website to a blog format. I hope you find it user-friendly and now you can also comment! All of the previous posts have been archived here.
- Tomorrow SB is Special Helper.