- Thank you SO much to the moms who were able to volunteer for our field trip yesterday. It was a wet day but the kids had so much fun picking out their pumpkins, playing on the grounds and then learning about the farm's harvest and animals.
- We were able to carve all of the pumpkins this morning and the students did a great job creating faces and trying their best to carve their own shapes. They will look wonderful aglow on your doorstep tomorrow night!
- We have a lot of really fun and cool activities planned for our day tomorrow. We will spend the first two blocks running stations amongst the 4 grade 1, 1/2 classrooms with themed games. Then after recess we will trick or treat around the school and we will wind down the day with a movie in the afternoon. I spoke to the class earlier to let them know that I encourage costume wearing with a few caveats:
- costumes must be manageable for recess and lunch outside (proper footwear, etc.)
- masks are okay but I expect them to be pulled up in class (for safety)
- no weapons
- I am very excited to share the day with your children tomorrow. I hope they have a really fun time celebrating Halloween in class!