- We had such a fun time today playing around with our new projector. The day began with a slide show of the kids having a good time in class and then we were able to throw in a few dance parties! We are all very excited for the next four weeks and how we will use our new tech!
- The students have also been working hard on using their reading tricks to practice their strategies on challenge books in class, along with their coach/buddy to help them when asked.
- We are continuing to work on measurement for Math and today played around with rulers to get an idea of how big 1 cm is, and then the students estimated lengths of various objects before measuring them with rulers. Tomorrow the class will turn their Math/Socials focus to Canadian money but we will come back to measurement next week.
- We were very lucky to have Ms. Neel in for a block this afternoon to talk about friendship, what makes a good friend, and how we can deal with tricky situations that arise. The students did a great job brainstorming their ideas and then had a riot role playing specific scenarios and how to respectfully deal with problems. Below is the brainstorm sheet that our students came up with.
- Sports Day is next Friday, June 5th. If it's rained out we will have it on the following Monday, June 8th, but hopefully the sun will shine! The students have written in their Agendas what Family Team number they are on AND what colour they will be representing for Sports Day. Students are encouraged to go wild and crazy with their outfits, though please keep in mind that hats, layers, and sunscreen are good ideas, too!
- RM is Special Helper tomorrow.
- There is a Spelling Test tomorrow morning and we will be having Library tomorrow afternoon with Ms. Sipsas' class.
- A notice went home today re: Family Photo Fundraiser for the school. Please submit those to the PAC box in the front foyer (or in to me) at your earliest convenience.
A huge thank you goes out to AM for giving the class a portion of his birthday donations from this weekend. We will use this money to get the kids an ice cream treat closer to the end of the year - yum! Thank you AM, for thinking of the class, and thank you to the children who donated for your generosity!!
<3 I hope all of you moms enjoy a relaxing Mother's Day full of love (and a goodie or two) this Sunday. Thank you for being such a hard-working and supportive group for your lovely children! <3